Saturday, November 6, 2010

7 Things Online- Blogs and Wikis

I am now participating in a course called 7 Things Online. For this post we are to discuss the difference between a blog and a Wiki. If I remember correctly the word blog is short for web log. A blog simply lists posts by it's author. The posts may contain pictures and links. People who read the blog can comment on each post. Where as a wiki is a website. The wiki is created by one user with various themes or topics in mind. Other users can post comments to the wiki and/or edit pages on the wiki. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. I think you are right on the money! I had no idea blog was short for web log until I saw the "In plain English" video I used when teaching the google classes over the summers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Valerie. Just leaving a little comment on your blog. It's interesting to see how we like to make our blogs and wikis reflect who we are. It makes sense, really, since they are an extension of who we are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire, where did you find the " In plain English" video? I'd like to check that out.

    ReplyDelete